Working as a doctor in Ireland
Thinking of working as a doctor in Ireland?
Registering with us is free and happens quickly.
You will need to be registered with the Irish Medical Council in order to practice medicine in Ireland. It is important to get familiar with the process, the time frame, and cost, so you are well informed and so you can plan accordingly. We are more than happy to advise you on the process of registration and assist wherever possible.
Do get in touch with us!
We will ask you to fill out a CV template and to provide contact details for your referees. Once we know more about you, your background, plans and expectations, we will then work towards securing you the best possible position.
If you work in Ireland as a Locum Doctor with Locumotion locum agency, you will receive these great benefits:
- If you are new to Ireland and the Irish health system, Locumotion locum agency will assist you with all of your paperwork including that for registering with the Irish Medical Council, medical indemnity providers and visa requirements.
- We provide competitive rates of Locum pay for sessions, days and weeks. In addition to this, accommodation will be provided by our host GP practices for most placements.
- On arrival in the Republic of Ireland, after the screening and interview process, you will receive a clinical and administrative orientation here at our office in Dublin.
- The clinical orientation will be provided by one of our Medical Directors and the placement orientation by your designated Placement Coordinator. No other Locum Agency in Ireland provides clinical training to their doctors.
- Your placement coordinator will also be your dedicated point of contact while you work with Locumotion.
"I am a British and Australian doctor who joined Locumotion last March 2020. They have been very helpful in getting me locum GP jobs during the difficult times of the Covid-19 pandemic. They are very kind and sympathetic people"
-Dr Ihab Saif
“Locumotion has been the best medical agency, attracts sufficient placements with excellent remunerations. No other agency can match Locumotion in Ireland. My experience has been excellent, and I am a testimony of their high class and excellence”
-Dr Hisham Salem
"I have worked with Locumotion for over 4 years in multiple centres throughout Dublin. I really enjoy the variety I have as a locum and the freedom to choose the roster that suits my lifestyle and family. Locumotion are a breeze to work with and always on hand to help with any requests and queries I have. If you want to work with a Locum agency in Ireland be sure to join Locumotion."
-Dr Elena Velicu
"What I really enjoy about working with Locumotion is the professionalism and duty of care, to not only me as a locum, but to the end patient. Locumotion have strategic processes in place to ensure a premium quality of doctors working in Ireland. The team are so approachable day and night"
-Dr Yuvraj Goud
"I moved to Ireland from Spain to work as a locum. Locumotion were so accommodating to my requirements and really helped me to fit in smoothly, not only to work, but to living in Ireland. Their personal touch is five star and something which I did not find in other agencies. They are genuinely open to all queries no matter how big or small.
Locumotion are like a family, from their medical director’s involvement down to the placement co-ordinator. It is evident through their care, passion and empathy that they wanted to see me settle and succeed. I have now put down roots with my family here and couldn’t be happier."
-Dr Irene Shedrin
"Reliability is something which is very important to me. Locumotion provided this to me through my roster and their communication. Their constant engagement and thorough checks put my mind at ease and ensured that I was not stressed about the small things and able to get on with what I love most.
I would recommend Locumotion as a stellar agency to any of my colleagues."
-Dr Mohd Hafiz